BOARD OF HEALTH
P.O. BOX 478
WARREN, MA 01083-0478
Well Permit Fee $75.00, make check payable to Town of Warren.
When applying for a well permit, applicants must supply a plot plan with the well location clearly marked on the plan.
Guidelines to follow:
1. Private water supply wells should be located at least ten feet from all property lines.
2. A well should be located a minimum of 15-feet from a gas line or overhead electric distribution line.
3. All private water supply wells should be located a minimum of 25-feet from the normal driving surface of any roadway or a minimum of 15-feet from the road right-of-way, whichever is greater.
4. Under Title 5, (sewage disposal systems that discharge less than 15,000 per day), the well must be located a minimum of:
a. 50-feet from a septic tank
b. 100-feet from a leaching field
c. 100-feet from a privy
5. Locations/distances not mandatory, however, may want to consider in relation to contamination:
a. Petroleum storage tanks: 20-feet to 50-feet.
b. Stables, barnyards, feedlots, manure piles and manure storage tanks: 100-feet.
Upon completion, please submit a copy of the Well Completion Report to the Board of Health.